Holidays in Montpellier
Prefecture of the Hérault in the Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier is ideally placed on the road to holidays. Its sunny climate, particularly in the summer months, makes it a prime destination for a stay at camping in Castelnau-de-Guers on the Mediterranean Sea in Hérault.
Built in the 11th century, the town now has around 290,000 inhabitants. It has been a major cultural and economic capital. Closed to cars, Montpellier’s city centre can be visited easily thanks to its developed tramway network.
Montpellier is characterised as the sunny city par excellence, conducive to leisure and family relaxation.
Top 10 things to see and do in Montpellier
- Tour of the historic centre: Ecusson and Place royale du Peyrou.
- Tour to the Place de la Comédie with its Three Graces fountain.
- Shopping trip to the Antigone district.
- Discovery of the Barbotte Tower and the Pines Tower.
- Outing at the Museum du Vieux Montpellier, in the Varennes mansion.
- Relaxing break at the Jardin des Plantes, near Montpellier’s medical school.
- Walk at the beach of La Grande-Motte.
- Discovery of private mansions such as Mirman, Saint-Côme or Rodez de Benavent.
- Exploration of the 14th century St. Peter’s Cathedral, in Gothic style.
- Visit the Fabre Museum and its painting collections.
Campsite at 51 km from Montpellier
51 km from Montpellier, La Pinède campsite is ideally located for an idyllic family holiday. In the heart of nature, it welcomes you in the calm and serenity, thanks to the absence of car traffic in the campsite.
A range of 16 mobile homes to rent awaits you: 1 to 3 bedrooms, comfortable equipment, shaded terrace. Our campsite near Montpellier has a restaurant that organises themed evenings with concerts in the summer season.
For an even more heavenly stay in our campsite near Montpellier, pools and jacuzzi await you and your children. After relaxing with your family or friends, continue your visits in Hérault. Admire the fabulous landscapes of Sète, Marseillan and then set off to discover Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert before returning to your rental near Pézenas.